Brindisi, Italy Cruise Port
When cruising to Brindisi, Italy, don’t expect to see the typical Italian city, features and foods. Brinidisi is a unique area located in Southern Italy and rebuilt after World War II. Many of the historic buildings survived, including the Castello Grande and the Aragonese Castle, both structures built many centuries ago. On your cruise to Brindisi, Italy you are sure to fall in love with this Southern Italian city that is rich with history, art and architecture. The Greek influences were started by the founding as a Greek settlement. They made this area their main naval port and for maritime trade as well. Today, the best of both worlds can be found in many different areas in Southern Italy. The beaches, harbors and coastlines along the Adriatic Sea are quite beautiful and offer a great freshness that you may have been longing. Below, we have listed a few of our favorite things to experience while cruising to Brindisi, Italy:
- Taste the local flavor, a bit different from typical Italian foods, you will find the blending of Mediterranean and Italian a delightful one.
- Visit the old Santa Maria del Casale to see this ancient marvel built during the medieval times.
- See the Columns that mark the end of the Appian way and learn more about the historic site.
- Take in the impressive Cathedral Duomo at Piazza Duomo that looks spectacular day or night.
- Lounge along the beaches for a relaxing day at the Adriatic coastline on your cruise to Brindisi, Italy.