Calvi, France Cruise Port
When cruising to Calvi, France, expect to see many different historical architectures as well as the perfect backdrop of mountains and bay area. Known to possibly be the birthplace of Christopher Columbus, a large historic presence can be felt. The Citadel of Calvi, is an old fortress that is a great example of the Genoese architecture that is perfect for exploring. Beautiful beaches surround the town that allow for relaxation and admiring the amazing scenery that engulfs the island. Throughout the island, you will find quaint historic homes on your cruise to Calvi, France that give you a glimpse of what life was like during that time period. One of the main monuments found in Calvi was built over a 300 year time span and is known as the Citadel. If you pass through the gateway, you can see the governor’s palace known as the Caserne Sanpiero. Below, we have listed a few of our favorite things to do while cruising to Calvi, France:
- Soaking up some sun at La Pinede Beach where windsurfing, paragliding and swimming are all options for the ultimate recharge.
- Take a relaxing boat ride to view the whole town, mountainous background and beautiful bay area.
- Spend some time in the Quai Landry where multiple cafes, restaurants, shops and bars can be found to add the perfect start or end to your visit.
- Explore the old villages that are filled with winding roads, quaint old houses and spectacular views.
- Venture into the Cathedral of St. Jean Baptiste, a beautiful church that was constructed in the 16th century where you can see several time period paintings inside.