Basse-Terre, Guadeloupe Cruise Port
Excitement awaits in a lush, tropical setting in Basse-Terre, Guadeloupe. The French influence can be found here as well as bits of Creole traditions, language and culture. Guadeloupe’s active volcano, La Soufriere is the highest point in Basse-Terre. The volcano can also be explored with a guide from the National Park. The park has a lush rain forest, a gorgeous waterfall and pond, and a zoo with a botanical garden. It also features a rum museum with a working sugar factory. Wander about the outdoor markets in Pointe-a-Pitre or shop the French boutiques. There are so many exciting activities such as golf, tennis, squash, biking, hiking, horseback riding, scuba diving, sailing, snorkeling, windsurfing, deep-sea fishing, water skiing and much more! Below, we have listed a few of our favorite things to do while cruising to Basse-Terre, Guadeloupe:
- Explore the local zoo, complete with a botanical garden filled with exotic animals and plants.
- Visit the rum museum where you can view the rum making process as well as sample some of the locally made drink.
- Sample the local restaurants, where Guadeloupe is known to have some of the best food in the Caribbean.
- View the Carbet Falls—a series of three waterfalls— one of Guadeloupe’s best-known natural sites.
- Hike up the La Soufriere Volcano led by a professional tour guide, the hike will provide a tremendous view from the top and great opportunity to take amazing pictures when on your cruise to Basse-Terre, Guadeloupe.