Norwegian Bliss to Feature “Jersey Boys” and MORE in Entertainment Line-Up

By The Cruise Web, Inc.

Beginning next summer, Norwegian Cruise Line will feature Tony Award-winning musical Jersey Boys on Norwegian Bliss. As one of the longest running shows in Broadway history with 11 record-breaking years, Jersey Boys will hit the high seas for its first production at sea as Norwegian Bliss sails to Alaska and then the Caribbean starting June 2018.

"Jersey Boys" on Norwegian Bliss

As the first cruise line to feature branded entertainment in 2010 aboard Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Cruise Line is bringing dazzling displays to life in the Bliss Theater aboard its sixteenth ship, Norwegian Bliss. Starting with the 2006 Tony Award-winner for Best Musical, Jersey Boys, together with the new Alibi comedy club, nightlife venue, a new theatrical cocktail hour experience and a rendition of the legendary Beatles’ Cavern Club venue, the cruise line will work to perfect its outstanding musical sounds while creating new and original shows directed, choreographed and styled by the likes of Warren Carlyle, Isabel Toledo and Ruben Toledo.

Jersey Boys “goes behind the music of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons, and follows four blue-collar kids working their way from the streets of Newark to the heights of stardom.” It also features all of their hits including:

• Sherry
  • Big Girls Don’t Cry
  • Oh What A Night
  • Walk Like A Man
  • Can’t Take My Eyes Off You
  • Working My Way Back To You

The Cuban-inspired Broadway-style musical created by Warren Carlyle will be produced specifically for Norwegian Bliss and will feature costumes by famed Cuban-American fashion icon, Isabel Toledo. The show’s art and scenic designs will be handled by Cuban-American artist, Ruben Toledo.

Another new concept exclusive to Norwegian Bliss is Alibi, a re-imagined comedy and nightclub space transformed into a chic nightclub late in the evening for two family-friendly and mature comedy shows six nights a week.

Norwegian Bliss - Alibi

Alibi – Norwegian Bliss

Happy Hour Prohibition- The Musical will hit the high seas after delighting audiences for nearly two years in New Orleans and New York City. It will be performed on select evenings as a happy hour pre-dinner show and once each cruise as a late night adults-only show in the Alibi Comedy and Nightclub. Guests can savor their own Prohibition era specialty cocktails during the one hour performance.

"Happy Hour Prohibition - The Musical" on Norwegian Bliss

Happy Hour Prohibition – The Musical

Lastly, Norwegian’s popular rock and roll venue known as The Cavern Club will bring this popular genre back to life with nightly live performances and a Beatles cover band.

Norwegian_Bliss - The Cavern Club

The Cavern Club

For more information on specific Norwegian Bliss sailings featuring these musical hits, give us a call today on 1-800-377-9383.

1 jeffery frey { 05.24.18 at 3:59 pm }

booked for bliss cruise sept 15th 2018. I want to see Jersey Boys,Is there a charge and how do I make a reservation?

2 Ben Sorteberg { 05.24.18 at 6:28 pm }

Hi Jeffrey,
Thanks for your comment. Jersey Boys is actually free to see on the NCL Bliss! Although you do have to make a reservation, they will have multiple performances throughout your cruise so that there are more opportunities to go see this Tony Award-Winning Broadway show! I hope this answers your question but please feel free to reach out to me if you have any additional questions or comments.

Ben Sorteberg
Cruise Consultant
1-800-377-9383, ext. 275 Toll Free
1-240-487-0155, ext. 275 International
1-240-487-0154 Fax
Email: bens@cruiseweb.com

3 Maurice { 07.03.18 at 6:20 am }

Hi

I Am Platinum + and I try…….without success…To reserv for me and 5 friends the show prohibition
And Cavern Club…. for 4th August cruise.
Why its not possible now ???
If the reservations are only on board , it will be
a big mess !…
Thanks for giving me an answer

4 TexasMama500 { 01.14.19 at 8:15 pm }

We were on the NCL Bliss this past Dec 2018, and saw Jersey Boys. NCL said that the 7:30pm show would be “family friendly”…lets just say there is no way that was family friendly! They said the F word over 20 times. There were several families and adults who got up and walked out of the performance after a few F bombs. NCL, if you’re going to claim “family friendly” at the 7:30 show, PLEASE follow through with what you advertise.

5 The Cruise Web Team { 01.14.19 at 8:20 pm }

Hello, and thanks for your comment. I think most of our cruise consultants would agree that Jersey Boys (and Havana, for that matter) are more adult-oriented entertainment options. For future cruises, family or otherwise, please give us a call at 1-800-377-9383 to weigh your options and get our feedback on what might be the best fit for you and your family. Our consultants have lots of personal cruising experience, including aboard an inaugural featuring Jersey Boys performances!

6 Joan Farruggia { 01.14.19 at 8:27 pm }

I saw that amazing show twice while on the Bliss. I was very fortunate to meet the star Daniel Hope and had some pics taken with him we had a nice conversation as we had something in common. I also had some pics with two of the other cast members .All very talented young men and very personable. Keep those great shows coming.

7 The Cruise Web Team { 01.15.19 at 9:16 am }

Hi Joan, I’m glad to hear you liked the show–the cast is very talented indeed. I hope both the performance and your post-show conversation are something you’ll cherish for years to come! For help planning future cruises, please call The Cruise Web at 1-800-377-9383.

8 BARBARA { 07.08.19 at 7:45 pm }

I understand the Bliss is getting a new show, report the cruisers on Oct cruise, called Six (the musical)? Is it replacing Havana or Jersey Boys?

9 The Cruise Web Team { 07.09.19 at 11:10 am }

Hi, Barbara! Great question. As of right now, Norwegian Cruise Line lists Havana and Jersey Boys as their complimentary main stage productions. If this changes, which it may, be sure to keep an eye on our blog for news about the new shows!

– The Cruise Web Team

10 Jennifer { 07.19.19 at 2:03 pm }

I was on the Bliss in June and absolutely LOVED Jersey Boys. Also enjoyed Havana and Prohibition, but I cannot get Jersey Boys out of my head–the songs and the performers. I am big Broadway fan, and have been searching the web for a list of the cast, but can’t find it anywhere. Can you tell me the names of the performers in Jersey Boys on the Bliss? The actor/singer who did Tommy DeVito was especially strong, as was “Franki Valli.” of course. Thanks!

11 The Cruise Web Team { 07.22.19 at 3:10 pm }

Hi Jennifer,

I’m glad to hear you loved the show! I’m not sure if this is the cast you saw, but Tommy DeVito has been played by Cameron MacDonald, and Franki Valli could have been played by Michael Damian Fasano. The performance cast does change periodically, and I can empathize with your difficulty in finding the exact cast list, but look up those actors and see if they match who you saw on board!

Thanks,
The Cruise Web Team

12 Sophia { 07.28.19 at 3:13 pm }

Just got off the Bliss and adored Jersey Boys!!!! So much so I saw the show twice. I’m also a huge musical fan and have been searching on and off the ship for the cast list but am struggling to find it?? I was really curious to know the actors that played Bob and Frankie in this weeks shows. Please help???

13 The Cruise Web Team { 07.29.19 at 8:38 am }

Hi Sophia, that’s awesome and great to hear! As you’ve probably realized, it’s difficult to track down the current cast once off the ship, but check if Bob was played by Thomas McGuane, and if Franki was played by Michael Damian Fasano or Bernard Angel. If I can find out more, I’ll let you know!

Thanks,
The Cruise Web Team

14 Marga Olijnyk { 08.04.19 at 3:29 pm }

I sent, and NCL responded, to my concerns that the Jersey Boys used the “F” word throughout the 7:30 and 10:30 shows. Totally unnecessary.
Today I read this persons review, and the NCL response. Although NCL is willing help the individual passengers, that would like, especially the “F” word, not be used, would help list family friendly entertainment. We were on the Bliss, back to back cruises. Actually prohibition was less offensive, and it did suggest 18 and over.
Now the Bliss, for example has 4,000 passengers. Don’t you think that to be fair to adults and families alike, all entertainment (everyone pays for their cruise)be PG?
I am very hopeful that NCL corporate review he entertainment and lobby movies. We are adults without children, and still believe fair is fair for all guest.
The review I read this am.
4TexasMama500 { 01.14.19 at 8:15 pm }

5The Cruise Web Team { 01.14.19 at 8:20 pm }

15 The Cruise Web Team { 08.05.19 at 11:04 am }

Hi Marga, thank you for the comment! I’m glad you received a response after contacting NCL, but I would still like to share your concerns with our agency’s Norwegian Cruise Line representative. I would like to clarify one thing, however, and that being that the comment you copied and pasted above was to and from our agency, The Cruise Web. As an independent agency, we don’t have control over the onboard entertainment, but we do serve as advocates for our clients and are also more than happy to help guide you towards a ship with the most suitable entertainment. For help planning your future cruise vacations, please call our consultants at 1-800-377-9383.

Thanks,
The Cruise Web Team

16 Barbara Oliver { 08.14.19 at 5:29 pm }

Hi, I just returned from the Alaskan Cruise on the Norwegian Bliss-August 4-August 11th and enjoyed the Jersey Boys show immensely! As in several of the previous comments, I would love to know who played the role of Frankie Valli and the other 3 original Jersey Boys. It wasn’t any of the actors that were listed in the previous comments, so it must have been a new crew. If you know you they were, or where I can find this info, I would greatly appreciate it! They really should have some type of playbill for this show. It was truly outstanding! Oh, just to add to the comments about the profanity. I wasn’t bothered by it at all, but it CLEARLY stated that this was a part of the show prior to going in. If you still took in your young children, that is on you. It was done the way it was supposed to be done and again was fabulous! It was an adult type of show, and their responsibility to decide whether it was for their children to see. Don’t ever change the original show, that isn’t quite fair to adults now is it?! Do the Disney Cruise if it’s kids shows you are interested in. Thanks so much, I do hope you can find me the names..

17 The Cruise Web Team { 09.17.19 at 12:27 pm }

Hi Sophia–I just received the cast list from Norwegian Cruise Line! Bob Gaudio was played by Blair Gibson, and Frankie Valli was played by Patrick Elliot. Thanks for your patience!

The Cruise Web Team

18 The Cruise Web Team { 09.17.19 at 12:29 pm }

Hi Jennifer, here’s an update: Tommy DeVito was played by Dorian Quinn Herron!

19 The Cruise Web Team { 09.17.19 at 12:34 pm }

Hi Barbara (and all others interested), here’s the most recent principal cast list, as of 8/15/2019:

– Frankie Valli = Patrick Elliot / Daniel Raso
– Tommy DeVito = Dorian Quinn Herron
– Bob Gaudio = Blair Gibson
– Nick Massi = Mitch Ralston
– Gyp DeCarlo = Jeff Drushall
– Bob Crewe = Roger Reed

Thank you for everyone’s patience while we worked with Norwegian Cruise Line to obtain this cast list!

The Cruise Web Team