Brand names have been jumping aboard and sailing the high seas in the past few years in an effort to connect with their target consumers while on vacation. Whether it’s a branded show in a cruise ship theater, a coffee shop or a themed cruise, some of the biggest brand names in the world are making waves in 2013 and beyond. Let’s take a look at some of the most notable brand names at sea.
Food Network Stars at Sea
The man behind one of Food Network’s biggest shows — Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives — brought his supreme knowledge of the burger to Carnival Cruise Lines. At Guy’s Burger Joint, you can feast on specialty burgers like the “Chillius Maximus” or “The Ringer” and get a taste of the Fieri experience.
Norwegian Cruise Line’s newest ship, the Norwegian Breakaway, has been graced with the presence of Iron Chef and Chopped judge Geoffrey Zakarian’s restaurant Ocean Blue. Ocean Blue is a fine dining seafood restaurant that really delivers some marvelous cuisine. Check out a review of the Ocean Blue restaurant from one of The Cruise Web’s own here.
Not only did Iron Chef Cat Cora serve as the Godmother of Oceania’s newest ship — the Riviera — but she is now serving up her finest cuisine aboard Holland America Line’s Nieuw Amsterdam for a 12-night sailing on the July 2, 2013. High demand on the high seas.
Children Themed Cruises
Nickelodeon at Sea
Including the Pajama Jam Breakfast, Dora’s Dance Party, a meet and greet and more, Norwegian Cruise Line offers a Nickelodeon-themed cruise that children can truly cherish. Check out The Cruise Web’s site to learn more about Nickelodeon on Norwegian.
DreamWorks at Sea
You can join Royal Caribbean and DreamWorks Entertainment for a children’s cruising experience that you won’t soon forget. Depending on the sailing, there will be special sailings with meet and greets, trivia, scavenger hunts, and more with characters from Shrek, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda, and Puss in Boots, among others. Learn more on our family cruises page.
Barbie Premium Experience
Also available on Royal Caribbean is the Barbie Premium Experience, which allows girl cruisers to live out their dream of being a Barbie princess while on vacation. Fashion runways, ‘Barbie Story Time’, and ‘Barbie Movie Night’ are a few of the features.
Big Name Entertainment
Royal Caribbean and Norwegian Cruise Line both offer incredible Tony-Award nominated and winning musicals onboard in the form of Hairspray, Chicago, Rock of Ages, Legally Blonde and Saturday Night Fever.
You can check out the Blue Man Group, Howl at the Moon (dueling piano bar), Cirque Dreams (Jungle Fantasy), Second City (improv group) and Burn the Floor when you cruise with Norwegian Cruise Line.
Cruise Cuisine, Coffee & More
There have been the addition of many brand name restaurants, shops and beverage areas onboard cruise ships across the industry, but here are a few we thought were notable:
- Starbucks at Sea: Allure of the Seas, Royal Caribbean
- The parent company also offers Seattle’s Best Coffee in certain areas aboard Royal Caribbean’s ships.
- Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream can be found aboard Royal Caribbean’s Freedom-Class ships.
- You can try the Svedka Ice Bar at sea when you cruise with Norwegian Cruise Line.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection and Avalon Waterways’ vessels offer L’Occitane beauty products to their passengers.
- You can munch down on a New York-style Sabrett hot dog on the Norwegian Breakaway.
- Apple brought their technological supremacy aboard Celebrity Cruises in the form of the iLounge, which resells Apple products and teaches classes on how to use them.
- Microsoft partnered with Holland America Line to bring a similar ‘Digital Workshop’, for computer education.
- On Oceania Cruises’ Marina, La Reserve offers a premium wine experience created in consultation with Wine Spectator magazine editors.
As you can see, there’s no shortage of current and incoming brand name representation in the cruising industry. Have you had the opportunity to try one of these brand names at sea, or would like to add one you don’t see listed? Tell us in the comments below.
The Cruise Web, Inc.