Silversea Cruises, a leader in luxury cruising, has come up with a brand new set of itineraries for Cuba. This is the first time the cruise line will embark from the United States to this exciting and intriguing destination. In total, 17 new Cuba voyages will be available for Silversea guests to choose from that will immerse you in the culture and beauty of Cuba.
“Since opportunities have opened for Americans to enjoy travel to Cuba, we have eagerly awaited this moment,” said Roberto Martinoli, Silversea’s CEO. “Cuba is a remarkable island and we are delighted to offer our guests the opportunity to discover the most authentic sights, sounds and flavors of its culture, as they connect with its people on thoughtfully orchestrated voyages.”
Mark Conroy, Silversea’s managing director for the Americas, says: “We are thrilled to announce the addition of Cuba to our 2019 and 2020 voyage collections. Cuba is arguably the fastest growing destination in the Caribbean, and one that many luxury travellers are eager to explore, knowing that they can be uniquely enriched by a fresh perspective on the people, traditions and natural wonders of this island nation.”
Available to book now, here is a preview of five 2019 voyages for Silversea’s Cuba:
- Silver Wind will start off the sets of Cuban itineraries as she sets sail on February 14, 2019. The 7-night voyage from San Juan to Fort Lauderdale will include visits to the Cuban cities of Havana and Santiago de Cuba, and to the Bahamian island of Bimini.
- The Silver Spirit will depart San Juan on a 10-night voyage on February 22, 2019. She’ll overnight in Santiago de Cuba, calls in Cienfuegos and Havana, as well as stops in George Town, Key West and Bimini before ending up in Fort Lauderdale.
- On March 31, 2019, Silver Wind will depart San Juan and journey to Santiago de Cuba and Havana on overnight calls, as well as Cienfuegos. The 10-night itinerary will also feature George Town in the Cayman Islands and Bimini.
- Also aboard Silver Wind, a 9-night round-trip voyage on April 10, 2019 from Fort Lauderdale will call in Santiago de Cuba overnight and Havana, as well as to Bimini, Nassau and Port Canaveral.
- Concluding the collection for 2019, Silver Whisper will depart Fort Lauderdale on November 22, 2019 for 14 nights. The round-trip voyage will feature a visit to Cienfuegos, plus overnight stays in Santiago de Cuba and Havana. The itinerary also includes calls to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize City and Key West.
Another 12 Silversea voyages are scheduled for 2020, and these journeys will open for bookings in the near future.
With these collection of Cuban journeys, Silversea guests will be treated to a host of carefully curated and crafted experiences, designed to enable travellers to dive deeper into Cuba’s cultural and historical highlights and breath-taking natural beauty. Below is a small sample of shore excursions available to guests in each of the offered destinations, with more experiences to be revealed later on.
In the Cuban capital, you’ll be escorted by a knowledgeable local guide and have the chance to learn about key historical landmarks on a panoramic driving tour. Drive slowly along the waterfront in vintage 1950s American cars, and then be taken away by the magical Latin rhythms and hypnotic dancers of the famous Tropicana Cabaret. Next, explore the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Old Havana on a walking tour, enjoy rum and cigar demonstrations and tastings, take in brilliant musical performances at La Zorra y El Cuervo, the city’s legendary jazz club, and travel past the city to the World Heritage-listed Viñales Valley, known for its incredible landscape and tobacco cultivation.
Santiago de Cuba
Known as Cuba’s cultural capital, Santiago de Cuba has a plethora of intriguing attractions, from colorful colonial buildings, churches, enchanting parks, gardens and a UNESCO World Heritage-listed fortress to eclectic museums, and UNESCO World Heritage-listed old French coffee plantations. You will also have opportunities to gain insight into the Cuban Revolution and the Spanish-American War by connecting with local culture at historic sites of interest. Afterwards, dive deep into the Cuban traditions surrounding tobacco and rum, and much more.
The breathtaking beauty of Cuba is on full display in Cienfuegos. Settled on a beautiful natural bay, and originally home to French settlers, the city offers a culturally diverse character, highlighted by a World Heritage-listed city center that filled with enchanting neoclassical buildings. From here, you can take up an exploration of UNESCO World Heritage-listed colonial Trinidad, with its cobblestoned lanes and stunning architecture; experience the first and only art gallery in the mountains; or gaze upon natural pools, and marvelous mountains of El Nicho, a pristine park named after its trademark waterfalls.
Aboard Silversea Cruises’ luxury ships, guests enjoy stellar cuisine, and the personalized service of a butler in suites. All-inclusive amenities include complimentary specialty coffees, teas, bottled water, juices and soft drinks, as well as premium wines and spirits, which are served throughout the ship. An in-suite bar is stocked with guests’ preferences; and an in-suite dining service is available 24 hours a day, along with unlimited complimentary Wi-Fi.
For more information about cruising to Cuba with Silversea Cruises, please call The Cruise Web today at 1-800-377-9383 to speak with an expert cruise consultant.
The Cruise Web, Inc.