If you haven’t heard yet, Quantum of the Seas is well on its way, and this week Royal Caribbean announced the first set of features designed to wow. The ship promises staterooms with roughly 9 percent more space and accommodations to please big families. What really takes the cake are the fun and exciting activities that this new ship will facilitate. Here are our top five features on Quantum of the Seas.
- North Star – This is like an arm of the ship transporting passengers over the edge of the ship for 360-degree views of the ocean and surrounding locales. The capsule is lined with windows and takes up to 13 passengers 300 feet above the water. A trip in the North Star is free, but cruisers can pay for a private ride or to go at exclusive times like sunrise and sunset.
- SeaPlex – This is a multipurpose room that by day may have a circus school and flying trapeze or a full court game of basketball. Then at night things get interesting as the room can turn into a roller skating rink or a bumper car arena. There will also be a food truck nearby to quell the hungry masses.
- RipCord by iFly – It’s like sky diving without the plane. This feature is essentially a 23-foot tall wind tunnel that simulates the feeling of sky diving. This feature will join the rock climbing wall and FlowRider® at the back of the ship.
- Virtual Balconies – An 80-inch LED screen that projects images of the ocean will be featured in a selection of inside staterooms, so passengers can always see the water, even when they are in their beds. This feature can also be turned on and off at the discretion of the passenger.
- Two70° – This three story space is lined with windows giving it 270 degrees worth of views. In the daytime this is a serene space for passengers to lounge and have conversation. By night the space is used for interactive and immersive shows that feature video and digital scenery.
Check out this fun video of all the exciting new aspects of the Quantum of the Seas!
Royal Caribbean promises more features to be revealed in time. The Quantum of the Seas is set to make its debut in the fall of 2014 and will homeport in Cape Liberty, New Jersey. The ship will be able to carry 4, 180 passengers. Anthem of the Seas, Quantum’s sister ship, will debut in the spring of 2015. Stay tuned for more updates as they become available.
Would you go skydiving on a cruise?
The Cruise Web, Inc.