Celebrating a hobby or a passion while on a vacation to a beautiful destination is the best of both worlds. Not only are you discovering something new, but you are meeting others who share your interests. River cruise line Avalon Waterways has seen the profound effects their specialized sailings have had on their passengers, and for 2014 they have decided to increase the number of themed sailings by 30 percent. Each sailing will focus on a certain interest and provide insight and activities geared around that interest both on land and while on the river.
In 2014 Avalon will introduce four new specialty themes to their already impressive list of themed sailings. Those new themes are:
- Beer Tasting – This sailing on October 13, 2014 will visit sites in Austria and Germany and passengers will be able to participate in onboard tastings, tours of historic breweries and attend onboard lectures about European beer brewing techniques.
- Golf – The July 7, 2014 sailing of the Austrian Highlights and Bavaria cruise allows passengers to participate in special golf excursions. Don’t worry, Avalon will set up the tee times.
- Wellness – Also departing July 7, 2014, the Wellness cruise will have passengers start their morning with stretching and yoga. Throughout the cruise healthy and delicious meals will be served onboard and passengers can attend lectures on leading a healthy life. This cruise will take place on the Blue Danube Discovery itinerary, which sails from Budapest to Prague.
- WWI History – 2014 marks the centennial of the start of WWI. Avalon will have two sailings that delve into the history of this great war with onboard lectures, and visit some of the key battlegrounds or landmarks from the war. The two sailings are the July 14, 2014 Grand France itinerary and July 22, 2014 Paris to Normandy’s Landing Beaches itinerary.
Other themed sailings include:
- Art & Impressionist
- European History & Politics
- Jewish Heritage
- Jazz Music
- Classical Music
- Festive Time
These sailings are limited so please call a consultant at The Cruise Web to ensure a spot on one of these amazing theme cruises. For a limited time you can save $250 per person when you book any 2014 European cruise from Avalon Waterways, so don’t wait till these sailings are sold out.
The Cruise Web, Inc.