Seabourn offers “Sail & Stay” packages
Courtesy of Yachts of Seabourn
The Yachts of Seabourn Destination Services Department has created over a hundred exceptional local activities and excursions, specifically designed to accommodate couples or small groups who opt for bundled “Sail & Stay” packages or stays at luxury hotels in cities where the intimate vessels begin or end their cruises.
From a bicycle tour of Copenhagen’s vibrant art and design scene to a day spent cruising the islands of the Venice Lagoon on a private speedboat, Seabourn’s menu of private arrangements will provide participants with laughter, learning and thrilling memories to last a lifetime. Among the exceptional arrangements available are:
- View ancient masterpieces of Chinese brush calligraphy in a Hong Kong museum, then learn from a master how to make your own.
- Visit La Posta Vecchia, the beautiful villa of the late J. Paul Getty near Rome, for a hands-on cooking class from the resort chef and a sumptuous lunch.
- In St. Jean-Cap Ferrat near Monte Carlo, visit Baroness Rothschild’s palatial Florentine “folly” and the Belle Époque, Grecian-style villa of Kerylos.
- Spend an unforgettable day at a luxury lodge in the Central Andes above Valparaiso, either trekking or horseback riding among the spectacular peaks.
- Traverse rolling desert dunes outside Dubai to a secluded encampment, for a Champagne feast fit for a sheikh, and a display of traditional Bedouin falconry.
- In Rome, do as the Romans do and enjoy the masterpieces in the Villa Borghese gallery, followed by a delicious picnic lunch in a pleasant corner of its gardens.
“Seabourn’s guests prefer more personalized, unique experiences in our ports of call,” noted Pamela Conover, Seabourn’s president & CEO, “and they want to have authentic, insider experiences when they stay in Istanbul or Buenos Aires or Venice before or after their cruises, too. Guests can either choose from these exceptional experiences or dream up their own perfect day and our staff can arrange it.”
The Yachts of Seabourn, the world’s most celebrated small cruising vessels, offer voyages from seven days to full world cruises of up to 110 days. In 2009, 2010 and 2011, they will carry between 208 and 450 guests each to over 250 ports in 68 countries worldwide. Seabourn’s yachts are consistently ranked among the world’s finest travel experiences for their unparalleled levels of personalized service, generous all-suite accommodation and truly gourmet onboard dining. In June of 2009, the line will debut the beautiful, 450-guest Seabourn Odyssey, the first luxury vessel launched in six years. Seabourn Odyssey will sail its Maiden Voyage on June 24, 2009 from Venice.