Courtesy of Royal Caribbean
As you may be aware, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has downgraded its previous “Travel Alert” regarding travel to Mexico to a “Travel Health Precaution for Mexico.” We applaud this decision, and like your clients we are anxious to return to Mexico.
Royal Caribbean ships will resume their port calls in Cozumel, Mexico, beginning with sailings that depart on or after May 24, 2009. The ships that normally visit Cozumel at this time are
Freedom of the Seas®, Liberty of the Seas® and Enchantment of the Seas®.
Mariner of the Seas®, which normally visits Mexico’s west coast at this time, will continue its modified Pacific Northwest itinerary, up to and including, its June 14 sailing.
We will continue to utilize our Influenza Prevention and Response Plans, which our office of Medical and Public Health developed in coordination with the CDC and other health experts. The
plan is based on three pillars:
- Preparedness and Communication.
- Surveillance and Detection.
- Response and Containment.
Some of the proactive measures we will continue to take throughout our fleet include:
- Providing guests with H1N1 flu information from the CDC
- Screening all guests, crew members and visitors to our ships, to identify any flu-like symptoms
- Conducting enhanced sanitizing of all high-touch areas onboard
- Providing hand sanitizers throughout all ships
- Asking guests to follow the advice of medical experts regarding the best ways to help prevent the spread of flu and other illnesses – via proper and frequent hand washing, and covering the mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- And, if necessary, our onboard medical staff can isolate and treat guests or crew members who display flu-like symptoms, using the supply of anti-viral medications kept onboard all our ships
Like you, we take all health matters seriously. Should you or your clients be interested in additional information regarding the H1N1 flu, please visit the CDC website at: www.cdc.gov
We’re excited to return to Mexico, and we appreciate your understanding of our concern for your client’s health and well being.