We’ve all had moments when we wished for a more optimized vacation planning that could be simplified before, during and after our cruise, leaving us with plenty of time to enjoy our getaway. Well it seems someone was reading our minds because MSC Cruises is getting ready to roll-out the very latest advancement in customer-centric technology on its first, next generation mega-ship, MSC Meraviglia! The fleet-wide digital innovation program known as ‘MSC for Me’ will capture the very essence of a personalized, holistic and guest-centric experience.
Debuting this June in the Mediterranean, MSC Meraviglia will be equipped with “16,000 points of connectivity, 700 digital access points, 358 informative and interactive screens, and 2,244 staterooms with RFID/NFC access technology.”
After working with the world’s leading digital, technology and behavioral science experts, the following innovative features will be made available on MSC Meraviglia, 11 upcoming next-generation mega-ships, and 12 existing cruise ships:
- Navigation: Similar to a smart map, this digital way-finder will help you locate your children anywhere onboard and find your way to any location on this 1000+ foot-long ship.
- Concierge: Make real-time 24/7 reservations, book excursions and request services with this amazing tool.
- Capture: Use digitally immersive, interactive screens to preview excursions and a unique gallery telling a story of your trip in a virtual reality format. You can also share this with friends and family in real time.
- Organizer: Use your mobile device to check in, book trips, save seats for shows and make dinner table reservations prior to embarkation or when on board.
- TailorMade: Use interactive bracelets to activate geo-located suggestions through 3,050 Bluetooth beacons and connect to the ship’s services. Your digital, personal advisor will also elevate the level of personalized service offered using intelligent face recognition.
March 10, 2017 1 Comment
Take a virtual ship tour of MSC Cruises’ next state-of-the-art cruise ship, MSC Meraviglia, in The Cruise Web’s newest infographic (click to expand):
Embed this image on your site! Simply copy and paste the code below into your website:
MSC Meraviglia is on sale NOW! She will debut to the cruising public in June 2017 in Marseille, France. Her inaugural season of 7-night Mediterranean cruising will take her to Barcelona, Marseille, Genoa, Naples, Messina and Valletta. Also, make sure you check out our recent blog about the new ‘MSC for Me’ onboard technology debuting aboard the MSC Meraviglia.
To learn more about the MSC Meraviglia and her itineraries, contact The Cruise Web’s expert consultants today at 1-800-377-9383.
March 9, 2017 No Comments
Gear up for a wild adventure with Carnival Sensation! Following a multi-million dollar renovation of her restaurants, bars and play areas, this 2,052-passenger ship is back on her year-round schedule with four and five-day cruises from Miami. A variety of food and beverage options have been upgraded to feature the following:
- Guy’s Burger Joint: Hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries served free of charge at a poolside venue. This was developed in partnership with Food Network personality, Guy Fieri.
- RedFrog Rum Bar: Enjoy ThirstyFrog Red Ale, Carnival’s own private label draft brew, or a refreshing Caribbean rum-based frozen drink with an alluring Caribbean vibe.
- BlueIguana Cantina: Indulge in freshly made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas at this complimentary poolside Mexican eatery.
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar: The laid-back Mexican-themed atmosphere is perfect for relaxing by the pool with a glass of tequila-based frozen drink or beer.
- Alchemy Bar: If you believe “Forty is the New Twenty”, this themed lounge is for you! Mingle with fellow cruisers while enjoying popular drinks by skilled mixologists who take pride in prescribing the right “cocktail concoction.”
- Cherry On Top: Simple indulgences never tasted this good! Head down to the “sweetest spot on board” for bins of bulk candy, fun gifts, custom apparel and more.
- Camp Ocean: This playground is open to kids within the ages of 2-11 who are interested in learning more about the wonders of the sea through arts, crafts, science-oriented programming and over 200 ocean-themed activities.
March 9, 2017 No Comments
This summer, Norwegian Cruise Line is expanding its theatrical dining experience with the introduction of three new-over-the-top shows: Cirque Dreams Epicurean, Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy: The Broadway Hit, and Cirque Dreams and Steam.
All three shows fall under the umbrella of ‘Cirque Dreams & Dinner’ which will be featured on Norwegian Getaway’s summer season in Europe. Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Epic will see a new and improved version of the dining format beginning March 5 and April 14 respectively. Get ready for all-new menus with gourmet dinner that will usher you into the mesmerizing world of spectacular acrobatics.
March 7, 2017 No Comments
Enjoy the sights and sounds of Cuba after dark on Royal Caribbean’s Empress of the Seas! With NEW 4- to 5-night sailings departing from Tampa, Florida and calling in Havana for day and overnight visits, guests can expect to see another side of the Caribbean through authentic people-to-people experiences, breathtaking natural beauty, and a rich, diverse culture.
Once onshore, take a scenic drive along Cuba’s famous Malecón waterfront, stop at the historic and luxurious Hotel Nacional de Cuba, enjoy a trip back to the 1950s in a classic American car tour, visit the old quarter and Havana Club Museum, or venture into the 18th-century colonial mansion now known for its distinct rum production.
March 1, 2017 2 Comments
The next generation of extraordinary ships aimed at optimizing fuel consumption and reducing the impact on the environment will be introduced by Norwegian Cruise Line in the next 5 years. The cruise line has reached an agreement with Fincantieri to construct four 140,000 gross ton ships schedule for delivery in 2022, 2023, 2024 and 2025 with an option to include two additional ships in 2026 and 2027.
According to the president and chief executive officer of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd.,
“this new class of ships will continue Norwegian Cruise Line’s legacy of introducing meaningful innovation to the cruise industry.” Much freedom and flexibility, together with innovative designs, will distinguish these 3,300-guest-capacity vessels from all others, as the cruise line builds upon the success of Breakaway-Plus Class ships. These energy efficient ships are currently priced at €800 million per ship.
Stay tuned for details on the ships’ many innovative guest-facing and first-at-sea features which will be announced at a later date. In the meantime, check out other recent ship builds from Norwegian Cruise Line.
February 21, 2017 No Comments
In August of 2016, Crystal Cruises traversed the seldom seen Northwest Passage on a 32-day voyage from Seward, Alaska to its final docking in New York City aboard Crystal Serenity. Following the outstanding success of this voyage, the cruise line is set to venture out to the once unpassable polar region with a comprehensive team of Arctic experts from Canada-based Arctic Kingdom in August 2017! Get ready to explore the region by kayaking in protected bays, trekking the tundra with an expert guide, taking helicopter flights to view the Arctic landscape from the air, and scouting for wildlife like polar bears and whales.
February 15, 2017 No Comments
Celebrate Oprah’s Year of Adventure as Holland America Line and O, The Oprah Magazine kick off an exclusive partnership known as ‘Share the Adventure’ to explore a destination Oprah Winfrey has never been before: Alaska! Sailing July 15, 2017, glacier lovers will get a chance to join the inaugural cruise with Oprah and O, The Oprah Magazine editor Gayle King, editor in chief Lucy Kaylin, creative director Adam Glassman and members of the SuperSoul 100 who will share inspirational ideas and tips for living your best life yet!
Oprah’s “deep commitment to connection, personal growth and the soul-stirring power of travel” will birth a variety of engaging and stimulating activities such as meditation, tai chi, healthy cooking demonstrations, an onboard book club and many more. These exclusive programming developed between Holland America Line and the magazine’s editors seek to quench the thirst in every curious soul and provide authentic experiences not easily forgotten.
February 14, 2017 No Comments
Not long ago, cruising to Cuba was impossible. Now, Cuban cruise tourism is flourishing and travelers can sail to Cuba on a weekly basis! Thanks to Norwegian Cruise Line, the culturally-rich destination of Cuba will be open for 4-day roundtrip weekly sailings from Miami starting June 2017 aboard Norwegian Sky.
These 25 sailings, together with the 5 previously announced cruises departing in May 2017, will feature an overnight in Cuba’s capital city of Havana. Here, several historical gems such as the UNESCO World Heritage Site popularly known as Old Havana will usher in warm and friendly guest-to-resident exchanges, incredible art and a colorful music scene. Norwegian’s private island, Great Stirrup Cay, will also be on the itinerary. Its white sand beaches, crystal clear waters, lushly landscaped beachside cabanas and several watersport activities all make for a wonderful Caribbean paradise.
February 14, 2017 2 Comments
On Monday, January 30th, The Cruise Web celebrated the 10-year employment anniversary for Beth Thompson, Assistant Manager of Sales Support and Administrative Services at The Cruise Web. Over the course of her ten years at The Cruise Web, Beth has worn many hats and tackled all sorts of challenges, always with an infectiously positive attitude. Plus, she plays a huge role in training our cruise consultants, calling on her extensive sales and cruise travel experience. To celebrate Beth’s 10 years at The Cruise Web, the office threw her a surprise taco party!
Beth, working with you is always a pleasure. Thank you for 10 outstanding years, and here’s to many more!
February 3, 2017 No Comments