Category — Trivia
Browse some interesting Bermuda trivia and see how much you really know about this fascinating little island.
- Bermuda’s pink sand beaches get their color from the surrounding coral reefs.
- Bermuda has a total area of 20.6 square miles.
- Bermuda grass is not native to the island and is considered an invasive species.
- Bermuda is the oldest and most populous remaining British overseas territory.
- The nearest landmass to Bermuda is North Carolina’s Cape Hatteras.
- Bermuda consists of 181 islands.
- Bermuda was discovered in 1505 by Spanish explorer Juan de Bermudez.
- Tourism is Bermuda’s second largest industry, behind finance and international business.
- Bermuda has a population of roughly 64,000.
Our source for this Bermuda trivia? None other than wikipedia.org.
February 22, 2012 No Comments