Category — Oceania
By Austin Gambino, The Cruise Web, Inc.
Beginning in 2013, Oceania Cruises will be expanding their loyalty program on all cruises. This expansion comes at the perfect time, right on schedule with the cruise line’s 10th anniversary. Where the previous loyalty program began at the Bronze Level, and required cruisers to accumulate 5 to 9 cruise credits, the new loyalty program, which applies to all 2013 cruises and beyond, allows passengers to join in the Blue Level and get loyalty perks after as little as two sailings. [Read more →]
October 24, 2012 No Comments
By Rosalind Smith, Business Development Manager, The Cruise Web, Inc.
Beginnings of things are always special and full of joy, so when I was invited to sail on the christening voyage of Oceania’s latest ship, Riviera, I didn’t hesitate. Keep reading to get my highlights of the experience. [Read more →]
June 6, 2012 No Comments
Courtesy of Oceania Cruises.
Oceania Cruises prides itself on having some of the best chefs and dishes sailing the seven seas. In fact, the deluxe line is home to the only restaurants that bear Jacques Pepin’s name. The famed French chef serves as the culinary inspiration for all of Oceania, working with the ships’ chefs to develop menus and demo dishes.
Here is a recipe for one of the expertly constructed dishes that is available on board. Bon appetite!
Salad: Spring Greens with Orange, Fennel, Manchego and Macadamia Vinaigrette
Serves 4 to 6 people
- 1-Large Fennel Bulb
- 24-raw Macadamia nuts (cut in half)
- 2- oranges
- 12-cups mixed baby greens
- 5-ounces of Manchego Cheese
- 6-to-12- springs of chervil
- 1- tbs finely chopped shallot
- 2.5-tbs lemon juice
- .5- cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
1. Discard the fronds and stalks of the Fennel. Cut the bulb in half and peel of and discard the tough outer layer along with the core.
2. Cut the remaining bulb into thin slices using a mandolin. Place these slices in a bowl of ice water for 30 min.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spread the macadamia nut halves on a sheet and toast until golden (should be about 10 min.) [Read more →]
March 30, 2012 No Comments