Norwegian Cruise Line Announces Norwegian Bliss, First Custom-Built Ship to Sail Alaska

By The Cruise Web, Inc.

Norwegian Cruise Line recently announced the addition of a 3rd ship to its Breakaway Plus class beginning summer 2018! Sailing seasonally from Seattle to Alaska, Norwegian Bliss will be the cruise line’s first custom-built ship meant to cruise the Last Frontier. With a weekly 7-day itinerary departing from Seattle and making her way up to Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway and other bewildering destinations in Alaska, the ultimate Alaskan cruise experience is yet to unfold for glacier lovers.

Norwegian Escape

Norwegian Escape – Sister Ship to Norwegian Bliss

Norwegian Bliss will feature superb entertainment, delectable cuisine and signature amenities only known to this contemporary cruise line. Even more exciting, Robert Wyland – the world’s leading marine life artist with iconic whale murals, award-winning paintings and sculptures – will place important finishing touches on the ship’s exterior! The hull artwork on Norwegian Bliss will bring to life the marine life adventure awaiting explorers in Alaska.

Norwegian Joy

Norwegian Joy – Sister Ship to Norwegian Bliss

Check back with us in a few weeks for more exciting news about Norwegian Bliss, the upcoming big reveal of Wyland’s hull art design, and sailing dates which will open for booking starting early 2017.

1 Joy Bliss { 10.19.16 at 2:18 pm }

It’s nice to see I have not 1 but 2 ships named after me!
Love Norwegian cruises! Thanks for making my day with this information! I feel I should be on the inaugural first sailing of each!
Joy Bliss

2 Andre L. - The Cruise Web { 10.19.16 at 5:39 pm }

Joy,

How interesting?!?!?! I believe that is a sign that you should be on the inaugural sailing. I agree with you. NCL is a great cruise line and is always innovative in its ship design and itineraries. If you need any assistance in making your inaugural sailing come to fruition, let us know. We’d love to help you.

Andre L.
Cruise Consultant | The Cruise Web
Toll-Free: 1.800.377.9383 ext 358
International: 001.240.487.0155 ext 358
andrel@cruiseweb.com

3 Low Kim Ho { 10.20.16 at 3:41 am }

Hi, I m vy keen about the new ship , norw bliss , making its maiden voyage to Alaska. I want to know more details about it and would appreciate if u can furnish them to me. My friends and I had sailed on the norw epic to the baltics in 2014 and had a good time.
Cheers.

4 John H. - The Cruise Web { 10.20.16 at 10:12 am }

Kim,

I would love to help you plan that Alaska cruise. I will email you in just a few and let me know when is a good time to chat.

Cheers!

John Herrera
Cruise Consultant | The Cruise Web
Toll-Free: 1-800-377-9383 x 247
International: 001-240-487-0155 x 247
johnh@cruiseweb.com

5 Timothy Hickey { 11.01.16 at 9:21 am }

“…departing from Seattle and making her way down to Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway and other bewildering destinations in Alaska, “. Shouldn’t that be making her way “UP” since the ship will be sailing NORTH for it’s itinerary?

6 The Cruise Web Team { 11.01.16 at 12:08 pm }

Timothy, nice catch! We updated the post to reflect your correction.