Holland America Adds Six ‘Dancing with the Stars’ Theme Cruises
Big news: Holland America Line will bring back their popular Dancing with the Stars: At Sea program for the 2015-2016 season!
This marks the third year for this exciting ocean bound homage to ABC’s hit reality show. The highlight will be the Champion’s Cruise competition aboard the ms Nieuw Amsterdam’s Western Caribbean sailing on January 10, 2016.
This amazing program will be on all itineraries throughout the fleet, along with six Dancing with the Stars themed cruises featuring both celebrities and professional dancers. Past celebrity dancers included Mark Ballas, Emma Slater, Joey Fatone and Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson to name a few.
Holland America Line’s executive vice president, sales, marketing and guest programs, Richard Meadows, said, “On every cruise throughout the year our ‘Dancing with the Stars: At Sea’ lessons are a huge draw and the competition to dance for the Champions Cruise is intense, which tells us we have a very successful and engaging program. Dancing always has been a feature activity on our ships, and the partnership with ‘Dancing with the Stars’ has enabled us to provide guests with a very special and exclusive experience.”
The six Dancing with the Stars: At Sea theme cruises for the 2015/16 season are:
– Jan. 3, 2015: 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruise aboard ms Westerdam that sails roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
– Jan. 10, 2015: 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruise aboard ms Westerdam that sails roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
– June 6, 2015: 7-day Bermuda cruise aboard ms Veendam that sails roundtrip from Boston, Mass.
– June 13, 2015: 7-day Canada/New England cruise aboard ms Veendam that sails from Boston, Mass. to Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
– Jan. 3, 2016: 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruise aboard ms Nieuw Amsterdam that sails roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
– Jan. 10, 2016 – Champions Cruise: 7-day Western Caribbean cruise aboard ms Nieuw Amsterdam that sails roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
In addition to the exciting dancing competition, the themed cruises will feature dance lessons with the ship’s professional dancers, opportunities for a meet-and-greet with the featured celebrities as well as a special fashion show to display the amazing competition costumes. Over the next several weeks, the celebrities of the 2015 seasons will be announced!
Each cruise will hold preliminary rounds to determine who will be paired with the ship’s professional dancers to perform on the ship’s main stage in front of a judging panel comprised of ship officers, professional dancers and other staff members. Certain sailings may even have a celebrity judge!
Winners from each sailing will win a free ocean-view stateroom on the “Champions Cruise” to determine the winner of the Mirrorball Trophy to be crowned the Dancing with the Stars: At Sea Champion!