Royal Caribbean Begins Construction of 3rd Quantum Class Smartship, Ovation of the Seas

By The Cruise Web, Inc.

Royal Caribbean Quantum Class SportsdeckOn September 18, 2014, Royal Caribbean International celebrated an important event as the first steel was cut for their third Quantum class ship! The new Ovation of the Seas is due to be delivered to cruisers in the fall of 2016. The steel cutting ceremony was held at the Meyer Werft shipyard in Papenburg, Germany. This is the very same shipyard where the Ovation of the Seas’ sister ships, the Quantum of the Seas and the Anthem of the Seas were built.

The record breaking Quantum class ships will feature never before seen features such as robotic bartenders, iFly’s RipCord skydiving simulator and the unique Two70 entertainment venue with dancing Roboscreens. Not the least of these new features is the North Star – which brings guests more than 300 feet above the ocean – and the Sea-Plex, an indoor sports area with bumper cars, roller skating and more. Of course, in true Royal Caribbean style, the largest and most advanced staterooms at sea will also be featured, most notably the first-ever Virtual Balcony staterooms which offer real-time views of the ocean from within interior staterooms!

These glorious ships span 18 decks and weigh in at 167,800 gross tons! They carry 4,180 guests comfortably within their 2,090 staterooms. The Quantum of the Seas is due to sail out of New York Harbor for her inaugural season before departing for her future home port of Shanghai, China and the Anthem of the Seas will port in Southampton, UK for Mediterranean sailings. The Ovation of the Seas’ itineraries are still to be announced.

For more information on the Quantum class ships, or to book a Royal Caribbean cruise vacation, call 1-800-377-9383, or fill out a personal quote request and one of our cruise consultants will contact you shortly.

1 Oswald Ferro { 10.15.14 at 11:07 am }

Too bad the new ships are not coming to the Florida market.
I have been on the Oasis and Allure and was looking forward to book on one of the new ones.

2 lucky grannie { 10.22.14 at 1:26 pm }

I have also been on the Oasis and the Allure love them both.

I hope soon we will be able to get on the other ships when they
leave port in florida.

3 The Cruise Web Team { 10.22.14 at 1:27 pm }

Lucky Grannie,

Well you’re lucky indeed having been on both the Oasis and Allure. Remember to contact our experts when you’re ready to plan your next cruise!

4 Sadie griffin { 10.22.14 at 1:59 pm }

I am planning to sail on Anthem if the Seas in April. I am surprised there are no discounts or perks

5 The Cruise Web Team { 10.22.14 at 2:01 pm }

Sadie, thanks for the comment. Demand for the new ships is usually so high that they rarely receive discounts for their inaugural seasons. However, to make sure you’re getting the absolute best deal, just contact our experts at 1-800-377-9383 and we’ll get you on the Anthem of the Seas at the best possible deal.

6 Raquel { 10.22.14 at 2:00 pm }

Hi, Mrs. Griffin. Thanks for commenting here, and I wanted to let you know that I have emailed you to let you know that if you are not already booked, do give me a call and let me know exactly what you are looking for – I’ll be happy to help with your Anthem of the Seas reservation and any other questions you might have about the ship. I actually am going on the inaugural sailing of her sister ship, the Quantum of the Seas, in just a few weeks and will have first-hand knowledge of all the innovative changes on this brand-new class of ships. I look forward to chatting with you sometime soon!

7 France Starck { 10.22.14 at 2:04 pm }

I want info on new ship coming out and leaving from N.Y. Or
Florida

8 Viviane - The Cruise Web { 10.22.14 at 2:05 pm }

Frances,

The newest and most exciting ship that will port out of New York is the Quantum of the Seas as you saw on our blog.These glorious ships span 18 decks and weigh in at 167,800 gross tons! They carry 4,180 guests comfortably within their 2,090 staterooms.

I would be happy to help you with booking a cruise on this fabulous new ship. Please call me at 1-800-377-9383 x 358 to let me know when you are interested in traveling and I will find you a great sailing.

Look forward to hearing back from you soon.

9 David { 10.23.14 at 4:11 am }

Ovation of the Sea new ship sounds delightful!
I live in Honolulu. Can I still cruise with you?
Our last cruise with you was awesome; Tahiti,
New Zealand, Australia–all last year. The ship docked in Honolulu Harbor and we boarded her there.
Aloha,
David Lanz

10 Colley C. - The Cruise Web { 10.23.14 at 4:15 am }

Hi David,

Thanks for the post! Yes, you can still cruise with us, and we actually have a number of options out of Honolulu and other places which are filling up fast. I love Tahiti too! It’s amazing, so you must have had a blast. I just sent over an email with my contact information, so let’s start planning your next cruise vacation!

11 Margaret Human { 10.24.14 at 4:00 am }

Please keep me informed of when the Ovation of the Seas will be ready for sailing, and her itinerary. Husband & I really want to travel on her before its too late. We were on the maiden voyage of the Oasis of the Seas, and had a wonderful time. Thanks, Margaret.

12 Rosalind - The Cruise Web { 10.24.14 at 11:47 am }

Hi Margaret,

It would be a pleasure to keep you informed of the Ovation of the Seas. I’ll email you some particulars for your and your husband to consider as you prepare for the Ovation of the Seas’ maiden voyage.

13 Carol { 02.08.15 at 6:31 pm }

We took a cruise for my daughters high school graduation from Bayonne and now will be doing the same for my son in June 2016. He was looking forward to the quantum but it is going to Europe can you tell me what ship will be in port for the summer sailings in 2016?

14 Colley C { 02.09.15 at 12:34 pm }

Hi Carol,
Happy Monday! What an amazing reward for graduating. That info has not been released yet, but we are anticipating that 2016 deployment will be rolled out anytime this month into March. I will certainly follow up with you as soon as I know the details. I look forward to working with you! Best, Colley :)

15 Colley C { 02.09.15 at 1:15 pm }

Carol,
If I had to make my best guess on which ship they will choose departing from Bayonne for June 2016, I would have to say it’s going to be the new Anthem of the Seas and your son will love it because it is right up there with with the Quantum of the Seas. Best, Colley :)

16 Jennifer Lounton { 03.14.15 at 8:03 am }

Hi
We sail on Anthem shortly but notice 2016 its not sailing from uk. Will Ovation sail from UK and is there any new Celebrity ships on the horizon so to speak
Regards
Jenny

17 Kevin M. { 03.16.15 at 3:55 pm }

Jennifer,

The Ovation of the Seas is set to sail in the fall of 2016, unfortunately the initial itinerary is not out as of yet, but I will keep you in mind when we do know. Celebrity will not release a new ship until fall of 2018.

Thanks,

Kevin M

18 Russell Flannery { 04.15.15 at 6:22 pm }

Would love to find out if you have plans for Brisbane, Queensland, docking.
When prices are available please advise.
This Ship looks great .

19 Michael T - The Cruise Web { 04.18.15 at 6:09 pm }

As of this writing neither of the new Quantum class of ships is scheduled to call or embark in Brisbane; the schedules for the Ovation have yet to be release. There are, however, other great ships in the Royal Caribbean fleet that do either embark or call at Brisbane. I have sent you an email with my contact information and will gladly help you with bookings. When the sailings for the Ovation from Singapore are released we will let you know.