Robots, ABBA and More: Quantum of the Seas Entertainment
Royal Caribbean’s Quantum of the Seas is set to debut in about 5 months! This grand ship has already wowed us with features like the North Star and a whole new way of onboard dining that promises to be dynamic. Now Royal Caribbean is releasing information on the music, theater and parties that are going to wow onboard.
So let’s let the curtain rise on these announcements. Keep reading as we detail each new performance based on the ship’s venue.
- Mamma Mia! – Royal Caribbean continues their partnership with Broadway, bringing their 5th Broadway production onboard. Mamma Mia! has been on Broadway since 2001, the ninth longest running musical on Broadway. The production follows a bride in search of the father she wants to walk her down the aisle. The play features the upbeat pop hits of ABBA.
- Sonic Odyssey – This is an original production from Royal Caribbean and uses amazing instruments designed by William Close. These instruments include an Earth Harp, a 136-drum Drum Wall and a Violin Dress. The show, which is one that is better seen than explained, features a cast of singers, dancers and aerialists.
- Vistarama – Vistarama is more of a technology than a production. This allows for all of the windows in the three-story space to be turned into any type of scene, using 18 projectors. The transformed space has a 12k resolution and the content was created by Moment Factory, a studio in Montreal.
- Roboshows – In addition to the projected screens, there are six roboscreens operated by robotic arms. These 7-foot screens will pop in for surprise performances throughout each sailing.
- Starwater – This is a production that uses all of the awe-inspiring technology available in Two70°. It follows a muse as she brings together both sky and sea in a mystical way.
- Virtual Concert – The Two70° space allows for a simple concert to be turned into an amazing experience. You’ll be transported to a new space as a live band plays.
- Gatsby – Step back in time to an art deco speakeasy, where the drinks are flowing and the jazz is hot. This is a party experience where guests are encouraged to dress the part.
- Wink – This adults-only party is a great space to dance, drink and get loose. During the party, members of the Royal Theater cast will perform.
- Tribute – Royal Caribbean has gathered some of the world’s best tribute bands so you can experience a Beatles concert, or revisit the 80s with Journey or Bon Jovi.
- Mamma Mia! After Party – Strut along the red carpet as you are invited into the Music Hall after a performance of Mamma Mia in the Royal Theater. Here you can get down to some fun music and hob knob with some of the show’s actors.
These performances will all make their debut in November when Quantum sets sail on her first journey from Cape Liberty, New Jersey. After spending the winter in America sailing to the Bahamas and the Caribbean, Quantum of the Seas will head to China where she’ll homeport in Shanghai.
We want to know what you think the experience at Two70° will be like, so give us your best guess in the comments below.