Norwegian Offers 4 New Land Based Experiences
A Cruisetour is the best of both worlds. It’s a cruise combined with a multi-day guided land tour where you are taken to amazing inland destinations, have hotel rooms reserved for you and are guided through amazing cultural experiences (essentially like a cruise, but on land). These are most popular in Alaska where many cruise lines offer the experience of seeing the glaciers, catching a king crab or spotting a whale along the coastline of our largest state, but then disembarking and venturing into the wilderness of Alaska and visiting spots like Denali National Park.
Norwegian Cruise Line has just announced the addition of four new Cruisetours to make your next Norwegian cruise vacation the total package.
O’ahu Explorer Cruisetour – In addition to Norwegian’s 7-day Hawaii island itineraries that leave every 7 days you can tack on this 4-day/3-night Cruisetour which occurs before the cruise.
- Day 1: Arrive in Hawaii with a lei greeting at the airport and settle into your home for the next few days, the Waikiki Beach
Marriott Resort & Spa. On this day you’ll get acclimated to your surroundings.
- Day 2: Explore the surf culture of the North Shore and Haleiwa before learning more about the history and intense cultural traditions of Hawaiian culture at the Polynesian Cultural Center.
- Day 3: Tour the USS Arizona Memorial, Battleship Missouri Memorial, USS Bowfin Submarine Museum & Park at Pearl Harbor. The day also includes a visit to the Pacific Aviation Museum and the National Memorial Cemetery.
- Day 4: Check out the incredible views of Hawaii’s Windward Coast, Ko’olau Mountain Range and waterfalls from Nu’uanu Pali Lookout. Then head out to Kualoa Ranch to taste poi, make a lei and learn to hula before boarding a catamaran for a tour of the bay.
Gardens & Castles of Copenhagen Cruisetour – Explore the rich culture and history of Copenhagen on this 3-day/2-night experience before embarking on a roundtrip cruise from Copenhagen visiting various Baltic Capitals.
- Day 1: Arrive in Copenhagen and settle in, at night you’ll meet your tour director and fellow travelers at an orientation.
- Day 2: Take a tour of the city visiting historical places like Christiansborg Palace, the Gefion Fountain and the Little Mermaid statue before sitting down to a Scandinavian smorgasbord lunch. After lunch explore Stroget street and the city on your own. At night enjoy an evening of fun at the Tivoli Pier.
- Day 3: Visit Kronborg castle in Elsinore the setting for Shakespeare’s classic drama Hamlet in the morning. Then head to Fredensborg Castle, where the Danish Royal family resides during the summer. This is followed by a ride along the Danish Riviera before boarding your ship.
Art & Architecture of Barcelona Cruisetour – Visit the highlights of Barcelona on this 4-day/3-night tour of the city and then sail out of Barcelona for a 7-night cruise visiting other cities along the Mediterranean.
- Day 1: Arrive in Barcelona and get situated, then have a welcoming drink with your tour guide.
- Day 2: Take a tour of Barcelona’s Harbor area including a visit to Park Guell designed by the famed architect Antoni Gaudi. Explore the city’s gothic quarter before a visit to La Sagrada Familia an exquisite church considered Gaudi’s unfinished masterpiece. After that explore the grounds of the 1992 Summer Olympic games.
- Day 3: Venture into the countryside of Barcelona and visit the Monastery of Poblet founded in 1150. After touring this incredible space have a tapas lunch and then enjoy tasting cava (sparkling) wine at a local wine estate.
- Day 4: Explore the city at your leisure before boarding your ship.
Canals & Palaces of Venice – For 4 days and 3 nights prior to your Eastern Mediterranean cruise explore the beautiful and seemingly floating city of Venice.
- Day 1: Arrive in Venice and take a water taxi to your hotel. At night go out to a Cicchetteria to try some of the local specialties and taste the local wine.
- Day 2: Start off with a walking tour of this romantic city, then visit the Doge’s Palace before enjoying a gondola ride along the Grand Canal while sipping Prosecco.
- Day 3: Explore the smaller islands that make up Venice like Murano where you’ll see the art of glass blowing and Burano famous for its handmade lace. Return to the main streets of Venice for a true Italian treat, gelato.
- Day 4: Spend the morning exploring Venice on your own before transferring to your ship to sail through the Mediterranean.
Which of these Cruisetour itineraries sounds the most interesting to you? Are you dying to explore the beautiful canals of Venice or would you rather experience the playful serenity of learning about Polynesian culture in Hawaii? To find out more information on these Cruisetours and the cruises they can be added to contact your cruise consultant at The Cruise Web.