What is the worst gift you have ever received?

A compilation provided by our employees and “Current” readers

Worst Gift Ever

“For my birthday last year my mom sent me bark.  Not really sure why.  She said it made her think of me.  I don’t remember if it was special bark in some way ( I know it wasn’t petrified), but I do remember that it was, in fact, bark.”
Danielle T., Senior Operations Coordinator

“For my wedding last summer, someone gave me a Santa Claus christmas tree topper.  It’s huge, it has white fluff all over it, and is currently in a closet next to my water heater. ”
Mike H., Sales Manager

Do you have something worse?

1 deedee { 11.18.09 at 2:13 pm }

The worst “gift” i got was from my sister who I was (am) feuding with. I thought the beautifully wrapped boxed gift was a peace offering for Christmas, until I opened it. Inside this beautifully wrapped box was dogpoop I’m guessing from one or all of the 3 dogs she owns.

2 Irene { 11.18.09 at 3:07 pm }

For my 50th. Birthday my husband gave me an electric hot air paint stripper!

3 Arthur Caden { 11.18.09 at 3:12 pm }

Worst gift I ever received? Well, I am a type I diabetik, and one year some one absent-mindedly gave me a wonderfull chocolate cake. Well, I shared it with other friends, so the Spirit of the Holiday was not lost! It was wonderfull for them, but questionable for me.

4 pierrette { 11.18.09 at 6:14 pm }

A pair of panties with built in foam rubber buns to make yours look bigger,I guess my girlfriend thought I did not fill my pants well enough. we both got as good laugh.

5 Sara Pritchett { 11.18.09 at 6:21 pm }

A remote aunt thought I liked tea (I don’t) and sent me some nice tea cups with my name on them. To whom do I give them?

6 Heather { 11.18.09 at 6:58 pm }

my ex forgot my birthday and pulled out a crumpled $5 bill

7 Jaime F. { 11.19.09 at 11:52 am }

I’ve been pretty lucky with the gifts I’ve received. My mom, however, has not. She received hair curlers for Christmas one year, which looked really nice from the picture on the box. However, after opening the box and taking them out, she quickly realized that they had already been used. They were thrown out shortly after that.

8 Lorraine Koch { 11.20.09 at 8:50 am }

I think I can top them all. I received a surprise gift from my husband. But first some background. My son and I were laying linoleum in a mobile we had for sale. My husband’s gift was a pair of knees pads to cushion my knees. No help from him, just knees pads. To say he came this close to death is putting it mildly!